If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Thanks for visiting!
Green Smoothies a Favorite Raw Food Meal of Mine
When I first started with green smoothies, I lost 35 pounds in 2 1/2 months, with no exercising. I now felt Much, Much Better and have been exercising since then and continue to now be using Smooth Vitality Hemp Protein Shake, by Green Organics International and Green Smoothies as my Raw Food Lifestyle.
So a couple times a day I head into the kitchen and have 2 – 3 little mouth fulls of raw mixed nuts and organic raisins. I find this really satisfies my body and a need to chew on something.
4 -5 times a day I am getting a few mouth fulls of my Green Smoothy for the day.
In the evenings I have either a Vegan Burrito or a Vegan burger…Love them too !
“The reason why we need vertical farming is that horizontal farming is failing.”
“According to the recent studies, vertical farming is a groundbreaking concept that has the potential to help solve impending food shortages. It purely makes sense as the environment will benefit from it to a large extent. This bold idea will bring a sustainable future.”
Vertical farming has several potential advantages associated with it.
1. Year-round crop production as vertical farming multiplies the productivity of the farmed surface by a factor of 4 to 6 depending upon the crop (e.g., strawberries: 1 indoor acre = 30 outdoor acres).
2. No weather-related crop failures due to geological and meteorological events such as droughts, floods, earthquakes, wildfires or pests.
3. Vertical farming virtually eliminates agricultural runoff by recycling black water.
4. It food is grown organically eliminating the use of herbicides, pesticides or fertilizers.
5. It converts black and gray water into potable water by collecting the water released into the air by evapo-transpiration.
6. It greatly reduces the occurrence of many infectious diseases that are acquired at the agricultural interface.
7. It reduces the need of new farmland, restoring ecosystem functions and resources.
8. It adds energy back to the grid via methane generation from composting non-edible parts of plants and animals.
9. Vertical farming dramatically reduces fossil fuel use as no tractors or plows are required.
10. It converts deserted urban properties into food production centers.
11. It creates sustainable environments for urban centers.
12. It opens new avenues for employment
13. Vertical farming may prove to be useful for integrating into refugee camps.
14. It offers the promise of measurable economic improvement for tropical and subtropical LDCs. If this should prove to be the case, then VF may be a catalyst in helping to reduce or even reverse the population growth of LDCs as they adopt urban agriculture as a strategy for sustainable food production.
15. It could reduce the incidence of armed conflict over natural resources, such as water and land for agriculture.
1. Green Peace gave the Sea Farm its Highest Award for being a 0 % emissions facility.
2. The Sea Farm operates on only 10 horse power.
3. The Sea Farm puts the sea water taken from the sea back into the sea cleaner than it was when taken in.
4. The sea farm puts more Marien Phytoplankton back in the sea than it took out.
5. All 8 tanks in full bloom consume same amount of carbon dioxide in one day that it takes one acre of old growth forest to do in Forty Years.